Ceramic vase, Waxed paper, Tin cans or disposable cups, Paper towels, Rubbing alcohol
- Prepare the ceramic vase before marbling by washing it in warm, soapy water. Rinse well and allow to dry. Next, wipe the exterior of the vase with a paper towel moistened with rubbing alcohol to ensure that the vase is thoroughly clean and free of any soap residue.
- Protect your work surface by laying a sheet of waxed paper over it.
- Using the Direct Pour Technique, squeeze a small amount of White onto the rim area of the vase while holding it over the waxed paper. Working quickly and while still wet, squeeze a small amount of Black on the rim area too. Gently tilt the vase from side to side, allowing the paints to swirl and create marbleized patterns.
- Continue until a randomly shaped border is created to your liking.
- Carefully set the vase upside-down over a riser such as a tin can or disposable cup to keep the vase edges off your work surface while the paint dries.
- Marbling paint will dry within 24 hours and will be cured within 48 hours.
- Once cured, spray the painted surface with FolkArt Clear Acrylic Sealer.
: FolkArt Marbling is not dishwasher-safe; all glazed ceramic or glass surfaces should be kept for decorative purposes only.