White glazed jewelry tray, Waxed paper, Waxed paper, Disposable cups, Paper towels, Rubbing alcohol
- Prepare the ceramic tray by washing it in warm, soapy water. Rinse well and allow to dry. Next, wipe the interior of the tray with a paper towel moistened with rubbing alcohol to ensure that the surface is thoroughly clean and free of any soap residue.
- Protect the work surface by placing a sheet of waxed paper over it.
- Using the Dirty Pour Technique, squeeze a small amount of each color into a disposable cup by layering one color over the previous one. If desired, gently stir the colors in the cup once using a craft stick.
- Pour the colors onto the interior of the tray. Lift the ceramic tray and begin tilting it in a variety of directions so that the paint flows and swirls to create the marbled effect. Be sure to tilt the tray in all directions to cover the entire bottom surface as well as up the sides
- Tilt the tray to pour out any excess paint and wipe the top edge clean.
- Set the tray flat on a level surface and allow to dry. The paint will dry within 24 hours and will be cured within 48 hours.
- Once cured, spray the painted surface with FolkArt Clear Acrylic Sealer.
FolkArt Marbling is not dishwasher-safe; all glazed ceramic or glass surfaces should be kept for decorative purposes only.