Scissors, Wax paper, Rubbing alcohol, Liner brush #1 optional, Paper towels, Brush basin, Foam plates, Glass pedestal platter, Craft knife, Martha Stewart Crafts Decoupage - Vintage Halloween Papers (item #33459)
Note: You can find Martha Stewart Crafts Decoupage - Vintage Halloween Decoupage Papers at your local Michaels store!
- Wash glass platter with mild soap and water. Dry and wipe with rubbing alcohol to remove any excess residue.
- Cut out bug images from decoupage paper using oval pattern as template. Cut out bones from paper. Brush backs of images with Matte finish to seal.
- Turn platter up side down as you will be decoupaging the images to the underside of the platter.
- Apply Gloss finish to front of image and place on platter. Cover image with wax paper and smooth any bubbles with fingers. Repeat process with the remainder of cut images.
- Tape off center of platter and apply Arrowhead with pouncer. Apply as many coats as needed for complete coverage. When dry, score along tape edge with craft knife before removing to prevent any paint pull up.
- Tape off outer edge of platter and apply Putty in same manner. Repeat process to remove tape.
- If the pedestal platter has glass ball trim, paint Beetle Black with liner brush.
- Tape off pedestal base and apply Beetle Black.
Tip: Tape off stripes around pedestal with patterning tape before applying Beetle Black for a more decorative treatment.