Martha Stewart Crafts Halloween Labels & Phrases Paper Cut-outs (item #33454), Scissors or Craft knife, Paper towels, Rubbing alcohol, Assorted glass vessels in a variety of sizes and shapes, Assorted wood plaques, Fine grit sandpaper
Note: You can find the Martha Stewart Crafts Halloween Labels & Phrases Paper Cut-outs (item #33454) exclusively at Michaels stores.
- Prepare glassware by thoroughly washing in warm soapy water, rinse well and towel dry. Moisten paper towel with rubbing alcohol and wipe each plate to remove excess dirt, grease or remaining soap residue.
- Basecoat wood plaques with desired color, allow to dry. Sand smooth using fine grit sandpaper and reapply base color. Allow to dry.
- If a painted border or stripe is desired, apply stencil tape as a mask where border is desired. Paint border, allow to dry, then carefully remove stencil tape. (Note: You may want to score along the tape line using a craft knife before carefully removing the tape). When painting a color block border on a glass vessel, you may find it easier to use the Gloss Spray Paint Kit rather than brushing on the base color.
- Prepare paper cut-outs by removing them from carrier sheet. If desired, cut excess background away using scissors or a craft knife.
- Using a soft bristle decoupage brush, apply one even, smooth coat of Gloss Decoupage Finish to the surface.
- Apply a second smooth, even application of decoupage finish to the backside of the paper cut-out.
- Apply the decoupage paper to the surface positioning finish to finish. Press paper cut-out onto the surface, smoothing from the center towards the edges of the cut-out. This will remove trapped air pockets and excess decoupage finish. Wipe away excess finish with damp paper towel.
- Continue adding paper cut-out to the surface until the entire decoupage design is achieved.
- Once in place and smooth, allow to dry 2 hours.
- When completely dry, brush a smooth application of decoupage finish over the entire surface being sure to seal all edges of the paper. Allow to dry 2 hours.
- Brush a second coat of decoupage finish over the entire surface and allow to dry 2 hours. NOTE: If decoupage item will serve a purpose other than decorative only, a third top application of decoupage finish may be required.
- Project surface should be cured prior to using. Air dry project for 21 days to cure.
: Try using Martha Stewart Crafts Glow in the Dark Decoupage Finish for a spooky Halloween finish!