Martha Stewart Crafts ® Spray Paint Kit-Gloss Finish #32241, Galvanized tin pail, Loew Cornell Woodsies, Assorted sized wood balls, Small crystal beads, 18 Gauge copper wire, Styrofoam or floral foam, Moss, Hot glue gun, White vinegar, Foam plate, Paper towels, Brush basin or container for water, Hand drill with small drill bit
Spray Painting Instructions:
- Wash tin pail in warm soapy water and allow to thoroughly dry. When dry, wipe with white vinegar damped paper towel to remove any remaining grease or soap film.
- Prepare Beetle Black Gloss for spraying following directions on Spray Paint Kit. Spray branches and metal pail. Allow to dry.
- Clean Spray Paint Kit following recommended directions and cap any remaining paint mixture for future use.
Painting and Stenciling Instructions:
- Drill a small hole in assorted shaped woodsies.
- Basecoat wood shapes in Wedding Cake and Sterling, allow to dry and reapply if necessary.
- Using assorted Halloween Adhesive Stencils, stencil designs onto prepared wood shapes. Load pouncer in color of choice, Beetle Black, Granny Smith, Adobo or Wedding Cake and dab color through stencil using a straight up and down motion.
- Paint small wood balls Granny Smith. Using a pouncer, paint a few clumps of moss Granny Smith as well. Allow to dry.
- Hot glue Styrofoam or floral foam into metal pail.
- Position and secure branches into foam using hot glue.
- Add moss to top of pail to cover foam. Add Granny Smith painted moss to top of pail. Moss may be secured with hot glue.
- Cut copper wire to desired length and create curved hook at one end by wrapping around a pencil or paint brush handle. Attach copper hooks to wood ornaments. Hang from branches.
- Cut additional copper wire and create small loop to close. Feed small crystal bead and Granny Smith ball onto wire; create hook and hang from tree.