Martha Stewart Crafts ® 2oz Liquid Fill Transparent Glass Paint - Lipstick Pink, Glass accessories, Brush basin or container for water, Paper towels, Rubbing alcohol, Foam plate, Scissors
Hearts and Flowers Accessory Project Instructions:
1. All glass and ceramic surfaces embellished with Paintable Clings should be hand washed using a moist cloth. Do NOT wash through an automatic dishwasher as the cling material will be removed.
2. To create bands of color if desired, use glass patterning tape to create masks then lightly spray several coats of paint using the Martha Stewart Spray Paint System.
3. Paint the hearts and flowers Thai Hibiscus, Bright Sky, Lipstick Pink and Meringue.
1. Wash glass in warm soapy water to thoroughly clean; rinse well and allow to dry.
2. Moisten paper towel with rubbing alcohol and wipe over cleaned glass to remove any remaining dirt, grease or soap film. Allow to dry.
Paintable Clings Painting Instructions:
1. Position patterned cling material on a level surface. You may wish to tape the sheet of cling designs to the work surface so that it does not move while you are painting.
2. Apply paint to the frosted cling material either using the Bottle Writer Tip Technique or the Glass Detail Brush Technique.
Bottle Writer Tip Technique – Holding the bottle of Liquid Fill Transparent paint upside down and at an angle, allow the tip to touch the area of the cling to be colored. Gently squeeze the bottle allowing the paint to flow onto the cling as shown on the cling package inset photo. Continue painting all frosted areas on the clings. NOTE: Do not paint the unfrosted areas as these areas are designed to be free of paint and will allow the ceramic or glass surface color to show through. Allow the paint to thoroughly dry before moving the cling.
Glass Detail Brush Technique – Squeeze a small amount of Liquid Fill Transparent paint onto foam plate. Load the tip of a detail glass paint brush with paint. Paint the outline cling in desired colors. This technique is ideal for tiny design areas such as small leaves, and bird beaks. Allow the paint to thoroughly dry before moving the cling.
3. Continue painting all clings to be used on one project surface at a time.
Surface Painting Instructions:
1. A glass and/or ceramic surface does not need to be painted, however, if desired you may choose to measure and tape to create a painted stripe or band.
2. A surface can also be painted a solid background color using the spray paint system.
3. Allow all painted areas on surface to thoroughly dry 1 hour and then cure paint before applying clings.
1. All glass surfaces painted with Martha Stewart Crafts Glass Paints should be cured to increase the paint’s durability on glass or ceramic surfaces. Follow either the Bake to Cure Technique or the Air Cure Technique.
Bake to Cure Technique – Set dry painted glassware into cool oven. Set oven to 350°F and bake for 30 minutes. Glass must heat gradually with the oven to avoid breakage. Do NOT place glass in a hot oven. After 30 minutes, turn the oven off. Allow glass to cool completely in oven. Wait 72 hours before using. NOTE: Glitter Glass Paints should not be baked to cure; only use air cure technique when painting with glitter paints.
Air Cure Technique – Air dry completed project for 21 days before using. NOTE: Glitter Glass Paints should not be baked to cure; only use air cure technique when painting with glitter paints.
Paintable Cling Application Instructions:
1. After project surface has been painted, cured and the paintable cling has been painted and is thoroughly dry, carefully peel the painted cling from the backing sheet and position where desired on project surface. Press in place.
2. Store backing sheet for future cling storage when cling is not being used on project surface.