Martha Stewart Crafts Glass Seasonal Adhesive Stencils - Fancy Alphabet, Martha Stewart Crafts Ornament shapes, Brush basin or container for water, Paper towels, Rubbing alcohol, Foam plate
1. Wash styrene ornaments in warm soapy water to thoroughly clean; rinse well and allow to dry.
2. Moisten paper towel with rubbing alcohol and wipe to remove any remaining dirt, grease or soap film. Allow to dry.
3. Peel adhesive stencil from backing sheet; set backing aside and save for future storage.
4. Position adhesive stencil on surface where desired; press in place.
1. Squeeze a small amount of paint onto foam plate.
2. Load the flat bottom edge of the foam pouncer or dauber with glass paint by dabbing into the puddle of paint. Dab a few times more on a clean spot on the foam plate to ensure you have the entire foam pouncer loaded properly.
3. Holding the foam pouncer as you would a pencil, begin dabbing straight up and down over the opening of the adhesive stencil. Continue painting until the entire design area has been completed.
4. Set foam pouncer aside in container of water for cleaning. While paint is still wet, neatly and carefully lift stencil by peeling away from the ornament surface. NOTE: Be careful not to drag stencil while removing it as your painted design may be blurred.
5. Continue adding stenciled designs over surface until desired effect is achieved. NOTE: When repeating a stenciled design, it is best to clean the stencil between uses by rinsing in water and allowing the stencil to dry thoroughly.
6. To add depth to your ornament, apply a coat or two of desired paint color to back of styrene ornament. NOTE: to add extra sparkle, apply two coats of fine glitter translucent paint prior to painting background color. Allow each application of paint to thoroughly dry before applying the next.
7. If desired, when dry apply flat back pearls or gems.
8. Set completed project aside for 1 hour to thoroughly dry.
Curing Instructions: Air Cure Technique – Air dry completed project for 21 days before using.
PROJECT TIP: Set several ornaments up in an assembly line fashion to create all the fronts together then when dry, flip over to paint the backside of each ornament together.