Martha Stewart Crafts ® Decoupage Embossed Metallic Trim - Floral, Scissors or Craft knife, Paper towels, Foam plates, Assorted wood desk organizers
- Prepare assorted wood desk organizers by basecoating a variety of ways. Use patterning tape or stencil tape to mask a border, or paint solid; have fun with Beach Glass, Pea Shoot and Pool! Allow to dry and reapply if needed.
- Prepare embossed foil trims by removing them from carrier sheet. Trim paper supports or bridges using scissors or a craft knife.
- Using a soft bristle decoupage brush, apply one even, smooth coat of Gloss Decoupage Finish to the surface.
- Apply a second smooth, even application of decoupage finish to the back side of the embossed foil trim.
- Apply the decoupage trim to the surface positioning finish to finish. Press foil trim onto the surface, smoothing from the center towards the edges. This will remove trapped air pockets and excess decoupage finish. Wipe away excess finish with damp paper towel.
- Continue adding foil trims to the surface until the entire decoupage design is achieved.
- Once in place and smooth, allow to dry 2 hours.
- When completely dry, brush a smooth application of decoupage finish over the entire surface being sure to seal all edges of the foil trims. Allow to dry 2 hours.
- Brush a second coat of decoupage finish over the entire surface and allow to dry 2 hours. NOTE: If decoupage item will serve a purpose other than decorative only, a third top application of decoupage finish may be required.
- Project surface should be cured prior to using. Air dry project for 21 days to cure.