Scissors or Craft knife, Paper towels, Rubbing alcohol, Fine grit sandpaper, Wood serving tray and chest of drawers, Glass drinking glasses and carafe
- Prepare wood serving tray by basecoating the interior with Vanilla Bean and the rim with Pond. Allow to dry and sand smooth using fine grit sandpaper and reapply.
- Paint the top surface of the wood chest of drawers Pond. Allow to dry, sand and reapply.
- Thoroughly wash all glassware in warm soapy water, rinse well and towel dry. Moisten paper towel with rubbing alcohol and wipe to remove excess dirt, grease or remaining soap residue.
- Using stencil tape, apply a horizontal tape border around the lip line of the drinking glasses.
- Prepare paper cut-outs by removing them from carrier sheet. If desired, cut excess background away using scissors or a craft knife.
- Using a soft bristle decoupage brush, apply one even, smooth coat of Decoupage Finish to the surface. (I used Matte on the wood surfaces and Gloss on the glassware.)
- Apply a second smooth, even application of decoupage finish to the backside of the paper cut-out.
- Apply the decoupage paper to the surface positioning finish to finish. Press paper cut-out onto the surface, smoothing from the center towards the edges of the cut-out. This will remove trapped air pockets and excess decoupage finish. Wipe away excess finish with damp paper towel.
- Continue adding paper cut-out to the surface until the entire decoupage design is achieved.
- Once in place and smooth, allow to dry 2 hours.
- When completely dry, brush a smooth application of decoupage finish over the entire surface being sure to seal all edges of the paper. Allow to dry 2 hours.
- Brush a second coat of decoupage finish over the entire surface and allow to dry 2 hours. NOTE: If decoupage item will serve a purpose other than decorative only, a third top application of decoupage finish may be required.
- Project surfaces should be cured prior to using. Air dry project for 21 days to cure.