Assorted trays and notebooks, Martha Stewart® 2oz Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Craft Paint - Greek Tile - 32019, Martha Stewart® 2oz Satin Acrylic Craft Paint - Blue Calico - 32020CA, Martha Stewart® 2oz Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Craft Paint - Pacific Iris - 32025, Martha Stewart ® Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Craft Paint - Summer Linen, 2 oz. - 32075CA, Martha Stewart® Large Brush Set - 4pc - 32245, Martha Stewart® 2oz Satin Acrylic Craft Paint - Periwinkle - 33501CA
ADHESIVE STENCILS, GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS
PAINT THE STENCIL
TIP Practice your technique or check your color by first making a sample print on paper or scrap fabric.
1. Use a straight edge and pencil to draw a guide line, if applicable.
2. Remove backing from stencil and set aside. Place stencil on surface.
3. Pour a small amount of paint on your paint palette.
4. Load paint sparingly on stencil brush, sponge, or pouncer. Dab off excess, then lightly tap or pounce on a thin layer of paint. Apply a second coat if necessary. Avoid overloading your brush or the extra paint may seep under the stencil.
5. While paint is still wet, carefully peel stencil off.
6. Clean stencil with soap and water or Martha Stewart Crafts™ Brush & Stencil Cleaner.
7. Let dry. Attach stencil to backing and store.
Wash all stencils, brushes, and tools immediately after use, before the paint dries. Use Martha Stewart Crafts Brush & Stencil Cleaner to remove dried paint. Repair torn stencils with transparent tape. Place tape on both sides of the tear and cut away the excess with a craft knife.
For all projects
Use a foam pouncer and follow general stenciling instructions, using the image for reference. For wooden tray, paint a basecoat of Greek Tile before following general stenciling instructions.