Brush basin or container for water, Paper towels, Foam plates, Rubbing alcohol, Scissors, Assorted tin pails, Craft knife
- Begin by thoroughly washing each tin pail in warm soapy water. Rinse well and dry.
- Moisten a paper towel with rubbing alcohol and wipe each tin pail to remove any remaining dirt, grease or soap residue. Allow to dry.
- Determine the look you want such as stripes, triangles or a chevron stripe. Cut patterning tape to appropriate lengths and apply to tin pails where desired.
**Allow for the appropriate drying time, as needed, per bottle instructions.
- Vertical Striped Pail – Alternate painting each stripe Pond, Amaranth, Green Curry, or Marmalade Gloss using a flat brush.
- Using a craft knife, score along the tape edges prior to carefully removing the tape.
- Paint bottom rim Pond and pail handle Marmalade.
- Chevron Stripe Pail – Paint chevron stripe Marmalade. Allow to dry and reapply Marmalade.
- Paint bottom rim and top horizontal band Pond. Paint pail handle Marmalade.
- Triangle Pennant Pail – Paint triangle pennants Amaranth, Green Curry and Marmalade.
- Paint bottom rim Amaranth and pail handle Pond.