- Item #12926 Mod Podge Tracing Template - Basic Shapes
- Item #12920 Mod Podge Acrylic Shapes - Designer Shapes
- Paper Mache stacking boxes
- Poster board
- Country garden 7 red buttons
- White wire
- 3/8” natural wooden beads
- 5/8” green ribbon
- ¾” flat brush
- 5/8” candle cup
- Hot glue
- Craft knife
1. Basecoat the lids and candle cup with Calico Red. Paint the small box Lemon Custard, the medium box Hauser Green Light and the large box Deep Ocean Blue. Allow to dry.
2. Cut two 4” circles from the burlap. Cut four triangles out of the burlap circles to form two flowers. Add Stiffy to the flowers. Follow the directions on the bottle. Place the flowers upside down over two paint bottles wrapped in plastic wrap or you could use two small wooden ball wrapped in plastic. Once the Stiffy dries you should have two flower cups. Hot glue them together in the center. Glue the candle cup in the middle of the flower. Cut four 2 ½” pieces of white wire. Curl one end up of each piece and glue the other end into the candle cup. Cut three 6” pieces of green ribbon. Loop the ribbon to form a leaf and glue them to the lid of the box. Glue the flower to the top of the box.
3. Refer to photo for placement of papers. Once the papers are decoupaged. Add two coats on top. Allow the Mod Podge to dry.
4. To make a butterfly, Mod Podge paper to poster board and then cut out a butterfly. Score the center of the butterfly with craft knife on the bottom side. Bend the wings. Glue it to the box and then glue the bead for a head. Cut two white wires for antennas and curl up one end. Glue them into the hole of the bead.
5. Add Podgeable shapes and Dimensional Magic where desired. Add buttons where needed.