- Item #25091 Mod Podge Rocks! Peel & Stick Stencils - Wood Grain
- Lamp with square fabric shade
- Glitter in the color of your choice
- Paintbrush with stiff bristles
- Make sure your lampshade is clean and free from debris.
- Decide on your design placement – I put the woodgrain pattern all the way around the lamp, using it twice on each side.
- Carefully peel the stencil from the backer and place down on the lampshade; smooth.
- Use the Spouncers to apply Mod Podge to the stencil. Work quickly so that the Mod Podge doesn’t dry. Be careful not to get the Mod Podge over the edge
- Remove the stencil and sprinkle glitter on top of the Mod Podge.
- Dump the glitter off onto a piece of paper or a glitter tray (pour the remaining glitter back into the jar).
- Repeat the process with the remaining woodgrain – being careful not to disturb the designs you’ve already done. Tip: Do each side once, wait to dry, then go around and do it the second time.
- Let the Mod Podge dry completely. Wash the stencil immediately and return to the backer.
- Use the paintbrush or a similar tool to remove the excess glitter from the surface – just brush it away. For a lampshade or fabric surface I recommend a stiffer bristled brush to remove glitter easily.
- Let dry for 24 hours before using.
Tip: To prolong the life of your stencil, wash it immediately and return to the backer after use.