FolkArt ® Painted Finish Kit - Moss #5068, FolkArt ® Painted Finishes - Brush Set, 3 pc. #5080, Wood-carved Buddha mask, Brush basin or container for water, Foam plates, Paper towels
NOTE: Please follow the Concrete Buddha Head Mask project instructions to prepare your wood carved statuary with a painted concrete finish. Allow to thoroughly dry before decorating with FolkArt Painted Finishes Moss.
- Pour a small amount of both Light and Dark Moss onto a foam plate.
- Prepare a Shortie Brush with a generous amount of Dark Moss. Apply the Dark Moss using a dabbing motion creating texture, to the painted concrete Buddha head in random areas where moss might actually grow.
- While the Dark Moss is still wet, quickly apply Light Moss with texture in smaller sections over the Dark Moss areas creating highlights and the illusion of two shades of moss.
- To create the look of aged moss, wet the Shortie Brush with water, then dab the brush onto the painted moss areas allowing the color to drip and run down the face of the garden art mask. Allow to dry.
- For a natural look, create patches of moss in irregular shapes; ovoid creating circles, ovals or squares of painted moss. Apply the painted moss where moss might grow on the surface being decorated.
- If the desired look is not textured enough, repeat steps 3 – 5 adding more Moss paint to reach the desired texture.