Mod Podge ® Acrylic Shapes - Podgeable large square shape with stand, Foam plate, Brush Basin or container for water, Photo copies of your child’s favorite photo picking flowers, Waxed paper, Hot glue, Printer copy of text – “Of all the mothers in the world .. I’d pick you!”, four 1” Buttons, 8” x 10” Stretched canvas, Blue cardstock
1. Cut three vertical strips of Summer Crush paper patterns. NOTE: Strips can be cut equal in size or three different widths. Cut to cover 10” width of canvas.
2. Also trim photo copy of photographs to desired size.
3. Using your computer and printer, create the text, “Of all the mothers in the world … I’d pick you!” in type face and size desired. NOTE: add 3 – 4 spaces between each word so that you will have space for cutting each word apart.
4. Basecoat edges and top of 8” x 10” stretched canvas Fresh Foliage. Allow to dry and reapply if needed.
5. Apply a coat of Matte Mod Podge to front of canvas as well as back side of Summer Crush strip of paper.
6. Flip paper over and position paper strip on canvas glue to glue.
7. Next place a sheet of waxed paper over your patterned project surface. Using your Mod Podge squeegee, press and drag the squeegee over the paper from the center towards the edges to remove any excess medium as well as release any air pockets. Remove waxed paper and clean away any excess Mod Podge medium. Repeat until all three vertical stripes are adhered.
NOTE: You will be working in reverse on the backside of the Podgeable shape.
8. Working on the back side of the large square Podgeable shape, brush Mod Podge onto the front surface of the photograph photo copy using a ¾” flat brush.
9. Position the photo copy face down where desired on the large square shape.
10. Next place a sheet of waxed paper over your papered project surface. Using your Mod Podge squeegee, press and drag the squeegee over the paper from the center towards the edges to remove any excess medium as well as release any air pockets. Remove waxed paper and clean away any excess Mod Podge medium. Allow to dry.
11. Cut apart text sections and Mod Podge to blue cardstock. Allow to dry and trim cardstock.
12. Add paper to center of circular metal blank using Mod Podge. Allow to dry.
13. Apply Dimensional Magic over each word and allow to dry. Place two metal charms on paper in circular metal frame and cover with Dimensional Mod Podge. Allow to dry.
Mod Molds and Mod Melts Instructions:
1. To create the flower embellishments for this project, add a stick of Mod Melts into your high temp glue gun and allow to heat up.
2. Press the hot Mod Melts into the Mod Mold, filling the mold completely. Allow to cool and become set.
3. Peel cooled embellishment from mold.
4. Paint each daisy and leaf Mod Melt as desired using Ivory White, Fresh Foliage, Morning Sun and Deep Ocean Blue. Allow to dry.
5. Use hot glue to attach painted Mod Melt flowers, leaves and metal charms on the front of the large square.
6. Glue four 1” buttons to the back side of the large square in each corner. Then glue to prepared canvas. Buttons will act as risers.