- Mod Podge Podgeable Designer Charms, #23360
- Mod Podge Podgeable Papers - Black & White Damask, Frames and Words, #24881
- 6 ½" x 7" Wood frame
- Foam plate
- Brush Basin or container for water
- Fine grit sandpaper
- Photo copies of your child's favorite photos
- Waxed paper
- Solid color cardstock - red
- ¼” Iridescent ribbon
- Black felt
- Text printed from computer printer: "you are my sunshine"
- white craft glue or hot glue / gun
1. Lightly sand all sides of wood frame. Basecoat Wicker White on all sides using ¾” flat brush. Allow to dry and reapply.
2. Basecoat Licorice on the photo opening of the frame.
3. While waiting for basecoat to dry, trim photo copies to fit metal charms. Also cut Mod Podge scroll design paper to fit front of frame. Cut one oval paper frame.
4. Brush Sparkle Mod Podge onto the wood surface as well as the back side of the Mod Podge paper using a ¾” flat brush.
5. Center the paper on the wood frame and press in place. Next place a sheet of waxed paper over your papered project surface. Using your Mod Podge squeegee, press and drag the squeegee over the paper from the center towards the edges to remove any excess medium as well as release any air pockets. Remove waxed paper.
6. Continue using same techniques to adhere photo copies to metal charms. When dry, fill metal charm with Dimensional Magic. Drop a metal charm heart into wet Dimensional Magic and allow to dry.
7. Mod Podge oval frame to red cardstock and allow to dry.
8. Trim red cardstock leaving a halo of red color. Mod Podge oval frame to bottom center of frame. Add text “you are my sunshine”
9. Apply a coat or two of Sparkle Mod Podge over entire frame allowing each application to thoroughly dry before applying next.
10. Embellish text with Dimensional Magic and allow to dry.
11. Use Craft Glue to secure black felt to photo opening mat.
12. Tie small bows at charm loop using ¼” iridescent ribbon. Secure ribbon to back side of felt.
13. Complete project by assembling black felt mat in frame.