Large round paper mache box, Container for water, Paper towels, Foam plate, Scissors, White shimmer chenille stick, 2 Assorted color shimmer pom poms, White craft glue, Tape
- Wipe paper mache box with a paper towel.
- Basecoat paint the following areas: Box Lid – Fresh Foliage Box Lid Sides – Kelly Green Box Bottom – True Blue Allow to dry and reapply a second coat if necessary.
- Shade the outer edge of the bug’s head or box lid. Double load the No. 12 Flat brush with Fresh Foliage and Kelly Green. Paint to shade the bug’s head keeping the Kelly Green to the outside edge. Allow to dry.
- Trace a jar or drinking glass to create two large circles, placing bug eyes on the box lid.
- Paint the two large circles Wicker White, creating eyes. Allow to dry and reapply.
- Using the handle end of the No. 12 flat brush, paint two large dots of Licorice in the center of the bug’s white eyes.
- Paint two large circles of Parisian Pink creating cheeks. Highlight with Wicker White.
- Using the No. 2 Script Liner brush loaded with thinned Licorice, paint the wiggle smile. Add a Parisian Pink tongue and outline with thinned Licorice.
- Still using the same No. 2 Script Liner brush and thinned Licorice, “wigglely” outline the bug’s eyes and paint a nose.
- To create antennae, wrap a 6” chenille stem around a pencil, glue a pom pom to the top. Attach the antennae to the bug head by poking small holes into the paper mache box lid, allow the chenille stem to slide through, fold over and tape end in place on the inside of the box lid.
- Enhance the box bottom with a pattern of Fresh Foliage polka dots. Paint these dots using the handle end of the 3/4" Flat brush.