4” Terra Cotta flower pot, 4” Terra Cotta saucer, Container for water, Paper towels, Foam plate
- Wipe terra cotta pot and saucer with a paper towel.
- Basecoat paint the following areas: Flower Pot Base – True Blue Flower Pot Rim and Saucer – Wicker White Allow to dry and reapply a second coat if necessary.
- Trace a jar or drinking glass to create three large bug heads spaced around the flower pot. Paint the heads Fresh Foliage. Allow to dry and reapply color.
- Shade the outer edge of the bug’s head. Double load the No. 12 Flat brush with Fresh Foliage and Kelly Green. Paint to shade the bug’s head keeping the Kelly Green to the outside edge. Allow to dry.
- Paint the two large circles Wicker White, creating eyes. Allow to dry and reapply.
- Using the handle end of the No. 12 Flat brush, paint two large dots of Licorice in the center of the bug's white eyes.
- Paint two large circles of Parisian Pink creating cheeks for the bugs. Highlight cheeks with Wicker White.
- Using the No. 2 Script Liner Brush loaded with thinned Licorice, paint the wiggle smile. Add a Parisian Pink tongue and outline with thinned Licorice.
- Still using the same No. 2 Script Liner brush and thinned Licorice, “wigglely” outline the bug’s heads, eyes, and paint a nose.
- Enhance the base of the flower pot with a pattern of Fresh Foliage polka dots. Paint these dots using the handle end of the 3/4" Flat Brush.
- Add True Blue polka dots to the rim of the saucer. 12. Using a No. 2 Script Liner Brush loaded with thinned Licorice, paint “Boys love creepy crawly things” around the rim of the flower pot.