Shadow box, Map paper, Scissors, Foam paintbrush, Burlap fabric, Red ribbon, Seashells, Wood anchor, Detail paintbrush, Rope
1. Remove the mat from the shadow box, trim the map 4” larger than the mat. Using a foam paintbrush, apply Mod Podge to the mat and to the back of the map paper. Position on to the mat. Smooth the paper with a Mod Podge Brayer. Allow to dry for 15 min. Trim the inside of the mat and fold the paper edges to the backside of the mat. Secure with Mod Podge. Fold the paper on the outer edges to the backside and glue with Mod Podge.
2. Trim the burlap fabric to the size of the shadow box backing. Coat the backing with fabric Mod Podge. Position the fabric on the backing, smooth wrinkles with your fingers. Allow to dry.
3. Hot glue two red ribbons and a collection of seashells to the mat.
4. Paint the anchor Brilliant Blue. Using a detail paintbrush and Parchment, paint highlights to the anchor. Hot glue the anchor to the center of the backing.
5. Re-assemble the frame and hot glue rope around the outer edge of the frame.