FolkArt 3D Acrylic Paint - Eden, 2 oz. #6407, FolkArt 3D Acrylic Paint - Lapis, 2 oz. #6411, FolkArt 3D Acrylic Paint - White, 2 oz. #6400, FolkArt 3D Acrylic Paint - Sunshine, 2 oz. #6405, Smooth rocks 3-4” wide, Toothpicks, White gel pen, Thin stencil tape, Paper plates, Water basin, Paper towels
- Select rocks that have a flat surface in which to paint. To prep the rocks for painting, wash with warm soapy water and let dry.
- Practice creating patterns on a flipped over paper plate before creating your rocks.
- Gently squeeze the bottle with the writer tip slightly above your surface. To create dots, squeeze a tiny bit of paint and let it make contact with the surface. Stop squeezing and quickly lift writer tip straight up leaving a little dot of paint on the surface. To create larger or smaller dots, adjust how much pressure you use when squeezing the bottle.
- To create lines or dashed lines, keep the bottle squeezing pressure consistent. Stop squeezing and lift up the writer tip straight up to stop a line.
- For circular mandala designs, start in the center of the rock and work outwards creating the pattern as you go.
- Draw dots and lines on your dried painted rock in a white gel pen. If you make a mistake you can wipe away with a little water and paper towel until you get it just right. Let dry and paint over the gel pen dots with the 3D paints of your choice.
- Squeeze out a small amount of 3D paint on a paper plate. Stick the end of a toothpick in the paint and apply to the rock to make tiny dots and tiny dots on top of dots.
- If peaks occur on your dots, let dry until the paint is tacky to the touch and gently push down the peaks with the end of a clean pencil eraser.
- Apply stencil tape in a pattern onto the rock. Paint dots or lines on either side of the tape. Avoid getting paint on the actual tape. Let the paint completely dry before removing tape.
- Squeeze out a small amount of 3D paint on a paper plate. Paint the top of a rock leaving a ¼” edge. Let dry. Create a design or pattern on top of the color in the 3D paints.