Delta Ceramcoat ® Chalk - White Lace, 8 oz - 04040, Delta Ceramcoat ® Chalk - Dragonfly, 8 oz. - 04064, Delta Ceramcoat ® Wax - Clear, 8 oz. - 04071, Delta Ceramcoat ® Chalk - Colonial Teal, 8 oz. - 04074, Sewing notion box, No. 1 Script liner brush, No. 12 Flat brush, Large Flat brush, Palette Paper or foam plate, Brush basin or container for water, Paper towels, Pencil, Tracing paper, Gray graphite transfer paper, Stylus, Small Phillips screwdriver, Old toothbrush, Soft cloth, Q-tip, Medium grit sandpaper
Remove all of the small brace bars that hold the boxes in place.
- Basecoat – Paint the outside of the box bottom, the small brace bars and the uprights of the handle all Colonial Teal using a large flat brush.
- Paint the middle box and the inside of all boxes Dragonfly using the large brush. Paint Dragonfly on the outside of the bottom box giving it a second coat.
- Paint the top box and the center of the handle with a mix of equal parts Dragonfly and White Lace using the large brush. Paint the same mixture over the outside of the middle box giving it a second coat.
- Paint the outside of the box top with a mix of 3 parts White Lace to 1 part Dragonfly. Allow to dry.
- Distress – Sand all pieces heavily, removing part of the topcoat and allowing the bottom coat to show through.
- Reassemble – Reattach the braces to the sewing box.
- Splatter Painting – Using an old toothbrush splatter all pieces with thinned White Lace (thinning with water). Next, splatter paint thinned Colonial Teal over the entire surface. Allow to dry.
- Chalkboard Paint – Trace pattern onto tracing paper.
- Tape the pattern in place then transfer pattern onto the lid using gray graphite.
- Paint the silhouette of the sewing machine and all spools Black Chalkboard paint. Allow to dry.
- Conditioning Chalkboard Paint – Allow the chalkboard painted areas to cure for 24 hours. Then very gently rub with white chalk over the entire chalkboard painted designs. Wipe clean to remove chalkboard dust.
- Waxing – Apply a thin layer of Clear Wax gently working the wax into the paint using a wax brush or soft cloth to the entire surface. On the lid, wrap the soft cloth around your finger or use a Q-tip for rubbing the wax onto the surface around the chalkboard areas.
- Allow to cure for 24 hours, then buff to desired sheen with a soft cloth.