Mod Podge ® Podgeable Paper Flip Books - Nature, Wood birdhouse of choice, Wood candlestick, Acrylic shape bird, Assorted charms, Ribbon, White craft glue or hot glue, Brush basin or container for water, Foam plates, Paper towels, Fine grit
- Neatly basecoat the body of the birdhouse and center of candlestick Toasted
Vanilla. Basecoat birdhouse base Burnt Umber and trim Yellow Citron. Basecoat
base top and bottom sections of candlestick Burnt Umber and add a section
of Yellow Citron. (Refer to photo). Allow to dry, sand smooth using fine grit
sandpaper. Reapply basecoat if needed.
- Apply one coat of Crackle Medium to birdhouse roof and center section of
candlestick. Allow to dry. When dry, paint a smooth even coat of Burnt Umber
over the Crackle Medium. NOTE: Do not over stroke as crackling will immediately
begin to appear.
- Using scissors cut out desired paper shapes.
- Using ¾” flat brush, apply Mod Podge to backside of paper pieces. Apply to the
dry prepared birdhouse. Press in place. Using Mod Podge squeegee holding at a
45° angle, pull squeegee toward you over wet papers using light pressure. This
will release any caught air bubbles as well as squeeze out any excess Mod Podge.
Allow to dry. Mod Podge paper to backside of acrylic bird shape and if desired, add a second paper shape to front of acrylic shape for added dimension.
- Using the writer tip of the Clear Mod Podge Dimensional Magic, apply dimension
to the words “fly” and “soar” on the sides of the birdhouse. Add Silver Glitter Mod Podge Dimensional Magic to the leaves on the front of the birdhouse. Allow to dry.
- Using ribbon, tie a bow around the candlestick and add charms to the ribbon tails.
- Using white craft glue or hot glue, attach the candlestick to the base of the
birdhouse. Also attach the bird acrylic shape.