Two (2) copies of the downloadable "Monster Faces" artwork, Ten (10) potato chip cans (with plastic lids), Ten (10) sheets 10" x 10" of black tissue paper, Ten (10) sheets 10" x 10" of green tissue paper, 60" Small feather boa in green, Small paint brush, Water basin, Paper towels, 5" Play ball
Get the Pattern
- Remove all of the lids and set aside. Empty each can of potato chips and save for your bowling party!
- Coat a can with Mod Podge Outdoor a section at a time and apply the Black tissue paper on top. Continue around the can. Let dry.
- Coat the black tissue paper with the Outdoor glue a section at a time and apply the Green tissue paper over the black tissue. Apply a top coat of Outdoor. Let dry.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 on all ten cans.
- Print two copies of the downloadable art provided. Cut out the eyes and mouths.
- Arrange the monster face combinations of your choice. Apply eyes and mouths to each can by brushing down a layer of Outdoor. Seal to the can by applying a top coat of Outdoor. Let dry.
- Apply a generous coat of Mod Podge Glow in the Dark to all of the whites of the eyes and the teeth. Let dry.
- Spray the cans with several layers of Mod Podge Gloss Acrylic Sealer. Allow to dry overnight.
- Cut the boa into 6" pieces. Mod Melt the "hair" in a circle to the top of each lid.
- Attach the lids. "Charge" your monsters with a bright light or sunlight. Line up your monster bowling pins in a triangle formation – 4 in a line, then 3, then 2 and finally 1. Have fun knocking these silly monsters around!