1" Flat brush, Scrapbook paper, Stencil tape, Ruler, Pencil, Scissors, Small hook, Small screwdriver, Sandpaper, Jute string, Chalk, Water basin, Paper towels
- Remove the metal plate from the front of the shutter. Set aside. Sand the piece edges until they are smooth. Tape inside the chalkboard edge to protect it from paint. Paint the wooden shutter with two coats of Kiwi, letting the coats dry in between. Let dry completely.
- Measure and cut strips of coordinating scrapbook paper to apply to shutter slats and around the edges. Write in a permanent pen or print "hello" on a white piece of paper. I cut the paper slightly smaller.
- Lay your papers print side down on your craft mat and brush on Ultra Matte. Apply to the shutter surface and the metal plate surface. Smooth out by applying a top coat of Ultra Matte.
- Continue until all paper strips and "hello" are applied. Let dry completely.
- Attach the hook and the metal plate to the shutter. Tie a piece of chalk with your piece of jute. Tie a loop on the end and hang from the loop. Write an inspirational message and hang where you can be reminded daily!