Old music sheets, 237124 Ashland Tray, 4 x 4 Canvas (2), Brush basin or container for water, Paper towel, Scissors, 3/4” Flat brush, Hot glue/gun
- Measure and cut Sheet Music paper to size for inside bottom of tray.
- Adhere Sheet Music to bottom of tray using Matte Mod Podge and ¾” flat brush. Smooth in place and allow to dry 10- 15 minutes. Apply a coat of Mod Podge to entire bottom to seal papers.
- When dry, antique or darken corners of sheet music using ¾” flat brush loaded with Teddy Bear Brown. Antique or darken corners of metallic tray as well. Think Teddy Bear Brown with water to ink-like consistency; load stencil brush and speckle the entire surface by brushing your thumb over the stencil brush bristles.
- When dry, apply a final coat of Mod Podge over tray to seal antiquing.
- Load ¾” flat brush with Turners Yellow and Buttercup. Using slip slap technique, paint a background over canvases including sides. Be careful not to over blend as you want to achieve a mottled look of the two gold colors. Allow to dry.
- When dry, stencil birds, branches and leaves on prepared canvases. Branches are stenciled Teddy Bear Brown. Stencil leaves Hauser Green Medium and Teddy Bear Brown. The birds are stenciled, Light Blue, Deep Ocean Blue, Calico Red, Turners Yellow and Teddy Bear Brown. Refer to picture for color placement. Allow to dry.
- Using same speckling technique as above, speckle the edges of the canvases with thinned Teddy Bear Brown using your stencil brush.
- When completely dry, attach two canvases to the interior decorated tray using hot glue.
Tip: When stenciling, be sure to use a dry brush with little paint as this will help you blend colors as shown on the leaves and birds.