Flat brush ½”, Stencil brush ¼”, White foam sheet 6mm, Foam sheets 2mm black-red-orange-yellow, Craft knife and blades, Pinking shears, Scissors, Aluminum foil, Glue, Clear acetate binding cover, Midwest balsa sheet UPC#0 9115706404 5 1/8” x 4” x 36”, Ruler, Sandpaper, Scotch heavy duty mounting squares UPC#0 2120001054 5
1. Cut three 4” sections off balsa wood and glue end to end to create a 4” x 12” strip.
2. Transfer patterns to wood and cut out with craft knife. Sand if needed.
3. Paint rocket and parts in colors shown. Apply several coats of corresponding glitter paint. *Be sure to paint both sides of wood to prevent warping.
4. Cut ¼” strips of foil with craft knife. Glue and wrap ends to hide color separation on rocket.
5. Transfer patterns to foam sheets as directed. Cut out with craft knife and pinking shears where indicated. Apply Black glitter to black photo frame opening, Red to red flame, Orange to orange flame and Hologram to cloud and yellow flame using stencil brush.
6. Using center cut out of black foam as pattern, cut a circle out of binding cover acetate ¼” larger. Glue to back of foam frame.
7. Glue flames together and to rocket as shown. Glue fins to back of rocket and third fin to front.
8. Glue frame over photo opening and apply Silver Anniversary dots using opposite end of brush.
9. Glue rocket to cloud and tape picture to back of opening.
10. Attach foam mounting squares to cloud and hang.
Get the Pattern