FolkArt ® Extreme Glitter™ - Peridot, 2 oz. #2789, STYROFOAM™ rectangle block 3 7/8” x 7 7/8”, STYROFOAM™ block 4 7/8” x 4 7/8”, STYROFOAM™ sheet 11 7/8” x 35 7/8”, Black chenille stems, 2 wooden fences, Cheese cloth, Spider web, Spiders, 7mm wiggly eyes, Craft sticks, Quilters tape, Finger nail file or fine sand paper, Small tip paint brush, Paint brush, Stencil brush, Exacto knife, Hot glue gun and sticks, Ruler
- Cut a 3” peak at one 4” end of both rectangle Styrofoam blocks. Lightly sand edges.
- Cut four 3” x 1½” rectangles and two 4”x4” squares out of foam sheet to use as roof pieces. Lightly sand edges. Cut an angle at one edge of each piece to form a peak when put together in pairs.
- To hold the roof of the square block, cut two triangles 5½” high x 4” wide at the base out of sheet of Styrofoam.
- Cut four 2”x2” squares out of Styrofoam sheet for windows and one 1½” x 3½” rectangle for front door. Lightly sand edges.
- Paint all roof pieces Petunia Purple and all blocks and the two triangles Black. Let dry.
- Use quilters tape to tape off sections on blocks and triangles to look like bricks.
- Mix one bottle of white paint with 1/8 of a bottle of black paint to make gray. Use stencil brush to pounce on the gray paint over the entire house. It should look cloudy and uneven. Let dry and pull off all tape.
- Paint all windows black. Let dry and dry brush gray over black. Make panes in windows by painting white lines across center.
- Paint door Caterpillar. Let dry.
- Paint roof pieces with Purple Extreme Glitter and the door with Peridot Extreme Glitter. Let dry.
- Glue the tallest rectangle block to the side of the square block and the shorter rec. block to the front left of the tallest block.
- Glue windows and door to the house.
- Paint both fences Petunia Purple. Let dry. Glue two ends together and then glue to the back of the house.
- Cut craft sticks into sections that fit around all the windows and peaks of all the roofs. Paint Caterpillar. Let dry. Paint with Peridot Extreme Glitter. Let dry. Glue on edges of windows and peaks of the roofs to frame them.
- Cut out two or three trees out of foam sheet. Lightly sand. Paint them black. Let dry. Paint them with extreme glitter black. Let dry. Glue to sides of house.
- Cut chenille stems in half to make the wrought iron details. Curl each end of stem in opposite directions. Glue to each side of windows for shutters and one on top of each window and at each peak of the house.
- Curl chenille stem pieces into a design and make details at the peaks of all the roofs. Glue in place.
- Glue spider web to the joining roofs and one spider on each roof edge.
- Glue wiggly eyes to a couple sections of the house.
- Cut 2” strips of cheese cloth and wrap around a skeleton to make a mummy. Glue to the back of the house inside of the fence.