Old discarded Christmas ball with metal hanger on top, 8-inches of 5/8-inch wide white lace, Needle, Thread, Scissors, 1-1/2-inch wood knobhead, 2-inch wood spool, 2 1-3/8-inch wood hearts, 2-inch piece of miniature greenery garland, 18-inches of 1/4-inch wide Fuchsia satin ribbon, 12-inches of 1/4-inch wide white chiffon ribbon, 3/8” heart button with a shank, 12-inches gold cording, 2 5/8-inch jingle bells, Hot glue gun and glue sticks, No. 8 flat shader brush, No. 4 round brush, No. 4 fabric round scrubber brush, No. 10/0 liner brush, Stylus, Palette knife, Palette paper or foam plate, Paper Towels, Water basin
Note: Use flat shader brush for base coating and painting most areas. The scrubber, round, and liner brush will be specified when to be used.
- Basecoat (may take three to four coats) spool and hearts Metallic Pearl White.
- Mix one part Metallic Rose to five parts Metallic Pearl White. Using this mixture, paint knobhead.
- Using scrubber, dip into Metallic Rose. Wipe most of paint onto paper towel. Scrub on cheeks.
- Using stylus, dip into Metallic Blue Pearl. Dot on two eyes being sure the dots are close to each other.
- Using stylus, dip into Metallic Pearl White. Add a dot to top of each cheek.
- Using liner brush, add Pure Black eyebrows.
HAIR (Hint: To apply hair with more ease, place knobhead on top of a dowel the size of the opening hole.)
- Using palette knife, add texture paint for hair. Let dry completely.
- Using round brush, paint a Metallic Emerald Green stripe and a Metallic Rose stripe on each end of spool (refer to photo).
- Using stylus, add dots in a triangle in both colors of Metallic Emerald Green and Metallic Rose.
- Attach ribbon to jingle bells. Place ribbon through hole of spool/body and glue to top of it. The ribbon and bells will dangle for the feet and legs.
- Using needle and thread, gather lace. Glue on top of spool/body to cover glued ribbon ends.
- Glue head to top of gathered lace.
- Form greenery garland into a circle and glue on top of hair/head.
- Remove hanger from old ornament. Flatten out and glue to top of head.
- Glue hearts to backside of body for wings.
- With chiffon ribbon, make two bows and glue one under chin and the other in center of wings on backside of body.
- Remove shank off of heart button and glue to center of bow on wings.
- Loop cording onto hanger and tie knot at ends.