FolkArt ® Home Decor™ Stencils - Trellis #34960, FolkArt ® Ultra Dye™ Satin Varnish, 8 oz. #5618, Unfinished wood pallet, Brush basin, Paper towels, Foam bowls and plates, Craft knife, Plastic gloves, 1" Stencil brush, Stencil adhesive
- Apply the Liquid Stencil Adhesive to the backside of the Trellis wall stencil. Allow to dry until it is tacky to the touch. Position the stencil with adhesive side down onto the bottom of pallet; press in place creating a tight bond.
- Pour both Venom and Tantalizing Teal into foam bowls.
- Load the stencil brush with Tantalizing Teal by dipping the bristles into the bowl of dye. Blot the loaded brush onto paper towels to remove excess dye creating a dry brush.
- Begin stenciling Tantalizing Teal at the pallet base moving upwards towards the middle of the pallet. Lift to remove the stencil, then reposition it as needed.
- Approximately half the length of the pallet, begin adding Venom allowing it to blend softly with Tantalizing Teal.
- Continue stenciling towards the top of the pallet design ending solid Venom. Allow to dry.
- If desired, apply a coat of FolkArt Ultra Dye Satin Varnish to seal and protect the dyed wood pallet. Allow to dry and completely cure before using.
- Working with FolkArt Liquid Stencil Adhesive will not only keep your stencil close to the surface while stenciling preventing dye bleed or run under, it also is repositionable making it easy to repeat the stencil design.
- If desired, stencil a vertical border as completed on the finished sample, or embellish with additional stenciling to create an overall stenciled design.