Styrofoam –variety egg shape pack, Wood hearts, 24 gauge wire, Black seed beads, 1” half wood ball, 2- 2” teardrop wood shapes, 2- 1 ½” teardrops wood shapes, 4-1” oval wood shapes, Green & white gingham fabric, 2 ½” terra cotta pot, Dowel rod, Spanish moss, Hot glue, Knife, Toothpicks, Satin sealer.
1. Cut three small foam eggs in half and basecoat with Turquoise.
2. Using the end of a brush handle and White, add polka dots to the foam as shown. Paint the half wood ball with Canary Yellow. When dry hot glue the Turquoise petals to the ball as shown.
3. Mix Turquoise and White together to create a light blue and basecoat the terra cotta pot. Allow to dry and seal with the satin sealer.
4. Shape one large egg to make the butterfly body and paint with the light blue mixture.
5. Cut the fabric to cover the outside edge, hot glue around the pot and fold the rest inside the pot. Push foam into the pot leaving a ½” for the Spanish moss. Hot glue moss to the top of the foam as shown.
6. Cut the dowel rod to 8”for the butterfly and 6” for the small flower. Basecoat with Leaf Green.
7. Mix Punk Pink and White to create a light pink and paint the wood hearts. Paint the 2” teardrops with Punk Pink; Paint the 1 ½” teardrops with Canary Yellow; Paint the 1” ovals with Turquoise.
8. Insert the hearts into the sides of the butterfly body to create wings, hot glue if needed. Hot glue the painted shapes to the wings as shown.
9. Using the end of a brush handle and White, paint polka dots to the wings.
10. Paint Turquoise stripes to the body of the butterfly. Using Black and a liner brush paint the eyes and mouth.
11. Bead the seed beads onto the wire to create 3” antennas and stick into the foam.
12. Hot glue the flower to the 6” dowel rod and the butterfly to the 8” dowel rod. Insert into the flower pot.