Simply ® Stencils - Value Packs - Classic Collections #28490, Liner brush, Stencil brush, Foam brush, Masking tape, Pencil, Candle wax, Fine grit sandpaper, Unfinished wooden tray, Gray graphite, Stylus
Get the Pattern
- Basecoat the tray with a wash of Dark Hydrangea using the foam brush. Allow to dry.
- Tape off a 9-1/4" x 8-1/4" square. Rub the candle wax within the taped off area. Paint the inside with Aqua. Allow to dry.
- To form the Pumpkin border, tape off 1-1/2" from the sides and 1-3/8" from the top and bottom of aqua square . Paint border with Pumpkin. Allow to dry. Using the sandpaper, start removing some to the paint from the Pumpkin border and the Aqua center.
- Rub more wax onto the Aqua and the add the stencil in the center uisng Hot Pink. Allow to dry. Sand over the stencil ornament to remove some paint.
- Using the pattern provided, transfer to tray using transfer paper and paint "SUMMER TIME" in Licorice using the liner brush. Allow to dry and then add Wicker White highlights. Add Licorice scrolls to the Pumpkin border. Outine all parts as shown in photo.
- Rub wax on the sides of tray and then paint Pumpkin. Allow to dry. Rub some of the paint off and then add Licorice scrolls using the liner brush.