FolkArt ® Enamels™ - Soft Apple, 2 oz. - 4120, Folkart ® Paint Tools - Detail Painters, #4156, 15” Glass apothecary jar, glass canister with lid, glass candlestick, Brush basin or container for water, Paper towels, No. 12 Flat soft bristle brush, ¼” Stencil tape, Rubbing alcohol, Craft Knife, E6000 glue
- Wash all glass in warm soapy water then rinse well. Dry thoroughly.
- Moisten a paper towel with rubbing alcohol and wipe over all glass surfaces to remove any remaining dirt, grease or soap film. Allow to dry.
- “Sweets” Treat Glass Canister
- On middle section of the canister, place tape on a diagonal pattern fairly close to each other. Wrap the tape around the entire middle section.
- Using a detail painter loaded with Gold Glitter enamel paint, dab or pounce the color onto the glass. Allow to dry and reapply a second coat of glitter enamel paint. Also paint the Gold Glitter on the stem of the glass lid and the underneath of the base or foot. Allow to dry.
- Before removing tape score along the tape lines with the tip of your craft knife then carefully remove tape.
- Paint a Yellow Ochre oval shape centered in the middle of the glass over the glittered stripes.
- When dry, stencil Warm White “Sweets” within the Yellow Ochre oval.
- Paint the glass knob and bottom bulbous portion of the glass apothecary canister Yellow Ochre as pictured. Also paint Yellow Ochre over the Gold Glitter on the underside of the base. (From the top of the base, you will see glitter first and then the gold background!)
- Stencil Warm White diamonds around the base of the glass foot on the topside.
- “Fleurs” Glass Canister
- Paint a Soft Apple decorative label shape in the middle of the glass canister. Basecoat knob on lid and stem of candlestick Soft Apple too. Allow to dry.
- When thoroughly dry, carefully position the word to be stenciled, “Fleurs” centered on the painted label and stencil Fresh Foliage.
- Stencil flowers randomly around the glass canister using Wicker White, Pure Orange and Lemon Custard.
- Embellish rim of glass canister lid with Wicker White polka dots. I used the handle end of my paint brush to create the dots. Embellish the candlestick base with Wicker White polka dots as well. Allow to dry.
- Attach the glass candlestick to the glass canister base using E6000 glue. Allow to dry overnight before using.
Tip: Glass apothecary jars come in all sizes and shapes and sometimes are expensive. If your budget does not allow you to purchase one readymade, why not make your own by layering and gluing together glass pieces? Start saving those mismatched candlesticks or check out your local dollar store for inexpensive glass ones!