Unfinished wood toy chest sanded smooth, Candle, Foam paintbrush, Stencil tape
- Paint entire box 2 coats of Engine Red, drying between coats.
- Tape inside edges to be chalkboard.
- Rub the candle over all areas outside of tape.
- Paint School Bus Yellow over all areas outside of tape.
- Lightly sand random areas to give it an aged look.
- Apply 2-3 smooth even coats of Clover to recessed areas. Allow to dry completely.
- Apply 1-2 coats of Mod Podge Clear Chalkboard topcoat over recessed areas, allowing to dry between coats.
- Cure for 24 hours. Lightly rub chalk over surface to condition.