Light grit sandpaper, Cotton cloth, Wood trunk
Tip: If any hardware can be removed from trunk, remove so it is easier to stencil.
- Basecoat entire trunk with Parisian Blue and let dry.
- Paint entire trunk with Eucalyptus and let dry.
- Stencil Large Trellis pattern onto entire trunk as shown with Linen. Let dry.
- Sand trunk to create distressed finish. This project was sanded more to create a very distressed finish. *Sand enough to bring out the Parisian blue basecoat.
- I recommend mixing 3 parts clear wax to one part antique wax. Apply to trunk with flat brush. Have a soft cloth dipped in clear wax available to move wax around until you get desired antique finish. Let dry.
- Following direction on clear wax, let dry and buff with soft cloth.