- FolkArt Spray Sealer: Gloss Finish
- Petal Porcelain ® Setting Agent, #1542
- Small wooden shelf
- Navy gloss spray paint
- Hot glue gun
- Various silk flowers; eucalyptus; and leaves
- Votive Holder
- Tea light candle
- Optional: coordinating feathers
- Basecoat the plaque with Midnight Blue.
- Hot glue various silk flowers, leaves, and eucalyptus to the shelf as desired.
- Paint everything, shelf included, with a good layer of Petal Porcelain, and allow it to dry overnight.
- Spray paint the shelf and flowers.
- After everything has dried, spray the candle shelf with two coats of Gloss Sealer to make sure nothing get scratched or cracked.
- Optional: Glue feathers among the flowers.
- Don’t feel like everything has to be symmetrical. To make it whimsical, consider lilac or pink hues for your project.
- Petal Porcelain is excellent for smoothing out the rough texture of silk flowers often have. By using matte paints and sealers, you get a fashionably modern, leather look.
- You may need as many as three coats of spray paint to really get down in the nooks and crannies of the flowers: make sure to not get too close (you don’t want the paint to run!), and leave enough time between each coat to dry to the touch.