FolkArt ® Easy to Paint Rub-On Patterns - Foliage #5203, 11" x 14" canvas, FolkArt® Basic Painting Brush Set, FolkArt® Rub-On Tool & Stylus, FolkArt® Blending Tool, Foam plate or palette, Container for water, Paper towels, Masking / stencil tape, Ruler, Pencil
- Prepared your canvas with two coats of Linen, allowing paint to dry between coats. Using a ruler and pencil, measure and mark desired sized patchwork sections. Sections are painted with Floated Edge, Slip Slap and Crackle backgrounds.
- Cut desired design elements from Rub-On Pattern sheet.
- Arrange elements on project surface dark side down and secure with tape.
- Using flat end of Rub-On Tool, rub along pattern lines using gentle pressure to transfer pattern onto project surface. If desired, transfer only main pattern lines. Paint basic design shapes and when dry, transfer detail lines.
- Vines: Load #1 Liner with Hauser Green Light; paint vine. Paint leaves and stems using #8 Round.
- Working one leaf at a time, repaint Hauser Green Light. While wet, add Grass Green along bottom of leaf using #1 Liner.
- Using Blending Tool, blend to shade.
- Repeat steps to highlight each leaf using Warm White.
- Load #1 Liner with thinned Hunter Green; paint vein in center of each leaf.
- Dragonfly: Load #8 Round with Warm White; basecoat wings.
- Paint dragonfly body Medium Gray using #1 Liner.
- Repaint wing Warm White; while wet apply Medium Gray to bottom edge using #1 Liner. Using Blending Tool, blend to shade.
- Load #1 Liner with thinned Light Lavender; paint fine lines from body into wing. Outline body sections with same brush and color.
- Repeat last step using thinned Medium Gray and #1 Liner.
- Lettering: Load #1 Liner with thinned Nutmeg; paint W E L C O M E.
- Using same brush, highlight each letter with Warm White. Soften colors using Blending Tool.