3- 7/8” x 11-7/8” Styrofoam Cone, 1-1/2” Styrofoam ball, ¼” Dowel rod, Green chenille stems, Red 5/8” ribbon, Christmas scrapbook papers, Hot glue, Craft knife, Scissors, #12 flat brush, Water basin, Foam plates, Paper towels
1. Cut the cone into five different pieces. Make the first three cuts from the pointed end at a slant. Make the last cut straight.
2. Cover each section side with different papers. Make them slightly larger so that the edges of the papers can be folded over onto the tops and bottoms of each piece. Allow to dry. Measure the tops and bottoms of each piece and cut out circles to cover cone parts. Each piece should be completely covered.
3. Cut ½” strips of green fun foam using pinking sheers and glue to the edges of each section. Do not glue to the bottom of the bottom piece or the top of the top pieces.
4. Cut the dowel into four 2-1/2” pieces. Find the center of each Styrofoam piece, insert dowel piece and hot glue into place.
5. Wrap the dowel pieces in green chenille stems. Tie each section with a red bow. Paint the Styrofoam ball Apple Red and hot glue to the top of tree.