Wood frame, 2 pieces of coordinating antiqued blue scrapbook paper, Sheet music, Words from magazines or typed words, Bird templates, Branchlike stamp with swirls, 2 yards 1" ribbon, 1 wooden tag, 3 small blue silk flowers, Key charm, Heart charm, 5 jump rings, Two 1½” antique brass handles, Hot glue, Hand drill, Sandpaper, Black inkpad
- Sand rough edges of frame; wipe clean.
- Paint the outside edges of the frame and tag and inside frame opening with Burnt Umber; allow to dry then dry brush with Light Blue.
- Decoupage scrapbook papers onto frame with the upper right and bottom left corners beings the same pattern and the upper left and bottom right corners being the same pattern; refer to photo. Decoupage tag. Once dry, sand edges of frame and tag smooth.
- Trace and cut out birds using the sheet music, cut out 5 musical notes and words that say “Let Us Sing A Sweet Love Song” or any saying of your choice. Dilute Brown Antiquing Medium with water to desired color and paint over birds, musical notes and words; allow to dry then antique edges with full strength Brown Antiquing Medium; allow to dry.
- Stamp branches where birds will be perched; refer to photo.
- Decoupage birds, musical notes in place; refer to photo. Decoupage words on tag, antique edges of tag; allow to dry. Give the entire frame and tag a coat of Mod Podge to seal; allow to dry.
- Drill a small hole in the bottom of the tag and attach a jump ring with heart charm then use Mod Podge to attach the key in place on the tag, aligning holes; dry and attach 4 jump rings.
- Attach antique brass handles on each side of the top edge of the frame. Tie ribbons on each side of the front of the frame (attach tag on right side) then, with remaining ribbon, make a loop through handles and tie a bow at the top; refer to photo. Use hot glue to adhere the flowers.