How to Use FolkArt Glass Etching Cream
FolkArt Glass Etching Cream is an easy-to-apply medium that, when applied to glass through a stencil or silkscreen design or directly to glass, will actually etch a frosted design into the surface. FolkArt Glass Etching Cream can be applied to most glassware, glazed ceramics, mirrors, and porcelain. Keep reading to learn the best way to apply FolkArt Glass Etching Cream to your project surface.
FolkArt Glass Etching Cream Application Instructions
- First, wear protective gloves in order to avoid direct skin contact.
- Simply twist off the lid and squeeze a small amount out to load a palette.
- A generous, even thickness of FolkArt Glass Etching Cream can then be brushed directly onto an etch-able surface, or applied through a stencil, a silkscreen, or brushed within taped areas. Make sure all exposed areas to be etched are coated.
NOTE: It is very important to make sure the stencil or silkscreen is completely making contact with the surface. Adhesive backed stencils and silkscreens work best; however, a spray stencil adhesive or stencil tape can be used to adhere the stencil to your surface. If taping off a pattern, be sure to fully secure the edges of the tape lines to prevent the etching cream from spreading. Whichever method you choose, make sure to press firmly the design onto your surface.
- Once applied, allow FolkArt Etching Cream to rest 15 minutes. If desired, after ten (10) minutes, brush to swirl FolkArt Glass Etching Cream over the area being etched to ensure an even etching, then allow the cream to rest the remaining five (5) minutes.
- Next, rinse the surface well under running water to remove etching cream. Continue to flush the sink with running water for two (2) additional minutes.
- Remove stencils, silkscreens or tape to expose etched designs; dry surface.
- Be sure to rinse FolkArt Glass Etching Cream thoroughly from stencils and tools immediately after use.
FolkArt Glass Etching Cream Precautions
- Avoid skin contact by wearing protective gloves.
- Avoid ingesting this product.
- Wash hands immediately after use.
- Keep out of reach of children.
FolkArt Glass Etching Cream FAQ
For more information, click the button below to download the FolkArt Glass Etching Cream FAQ document.
Purchase FolkArt Glass Etching Cream
FolkArt ® Glass Etching Cream, 2.98 oz. - 2731