As you can imagine, we’ve decoupaged using just about everything around here! But we’re so excited about today’s post - we’re sharing how to use the humble napkin in your next decoupage project.
Paper napkins are available just about anywhere, come in the prettiest patterns and are inexpensive, too! We're sharing how to use Mod Podge and decorative paper party napkins to transform just about anything - learn the simple technique that you can use with napkins on a wine bottle, lamp, votive holder and milk bottle.
For the Decoupaged Wine Bottle, we used a pretty black and white napkin and a wine bottle to create our project. We love the idea of using these as an inexpensive wedding centerpiece, or creating several using seasonal napkins to give your mantle a bit of budget-friendly decor all year long! Read on to get our tip for foolproof results when decoupaging with paper napkins - we'll even give you a hint: it involves using plastic wrap!
DIY Wine Bottle Napkin Decoupage Tutorial
- Mod Podge Matte
- 1" Flat paintbrush
- Empty clear wine bottle
- Black & white motif napkins
- Clear plastic wrap
1) Measure napkin around the wine bottle and overlap edges about 1/4". Separate the napkin down to 1 ply. Tear away the edges of napkin where they overlap (you will get a better look by tearing the edges than using scissors).
2) Make sure to use a piece of plastic wrap that is larger than napkin area that will be used. Place pattern face down on the plastic wrap. Apply a thin layer of Mod Podge over entire surface.
3) Pick up plastic wrap and place as desired on the bottle, smoothing napkin through the plastic wrap. Once satisfied with the placement, just lift off the plastic wrap.
4) Repeat steps 1 thru 3 to add napkin design to neck of bottle, as shown or as desired.
Ta da! Enjoy your transformed piece!
See all of our ideas on using paper party napkins with Mod Podge, and don't forget to tag #plaidcrafts to share your creations with us!