In Plaid's newest YouTube video series, Anna and Suzanne from Plaid HQ teach innovative new ways to use Mod Podge. Because it's not just for awesome decoupage crafts any more! In this video, Suzanne teaches Anna how simple creating Puff Paint with just Mod Podge, Shaving Cream, and acrylic paint. Together they then draw with the puff paint (Anna can't believe how EASY it is!) and DIY a Puff Paint Sloth for their Easter basket! Check out the video below, or if you prefer to read your instructions, scroll down for full instructions and bonus tips. If you like the video, be sure to also subscribe to the Plaid YouTube Channel
for the rest of the "Fun with Mod Podge" series!
- 1/2 Cup Mod Podge Matte
- 1 Teaspoon FolkArt Acrylic Paint
- 1/2 Cup Shaving Cream
- Measuring cups
- Squeeze bottles
- Mixing bowls (we used styrofoam bowls)
- Popsicle Sticks (optional, to stir!)
1. Stir together Mod Podge Matte and acrylic paint.
2. Measure out exactly 1/2 Cup Shaving Cream.
3. Fold shaving cream into MP Matte & Acrylic paint mixture
4. Fill bottle with puff paint mixture, screw on nozzle, and paint away!
5. Let your puff paint projects dry flat before adhering them to any new surfaces!
- Mod Podge Matte is the Mod Podge with the best chemical makeup for this recipe. We cannot guarantee that your puff paint project will work if you use another kind of Mod Podge.
- Your shaving cream to Mod Podge ratio should be exact. To ensure an exact measure of shaving cream, spray your shaving cream onto a separate surface (like a craft mat) and scoop it up with a measuring cup. Then scrape off the excess shaving cream with your popsicle stick, as if measuring ingredients for baking.
- After folding in your shaving cream to your paint-and-mod-podge mixture, if your puff paint seems a bit too runny, just gradually add in more Mod Podge.
- Your puff paint should last several days in your bottles, but will become bubbly over time. If you don't plan on crafting that much with your puff paint, just make a smaller batch by halving or quartering your recipe, making sure to keep your Mod Podge to Shaving Cream ratio exact.
Wasn't that fun and easy? What do you think you'll make with your Mod Podge puff paints? Let us know in the comments!
Also be sure to follow Plaid crafts on Facebook
, and YouTube
for more crafting inspiration!