Summer is in full swing and you may be slowly running out of ideas to keep your kids occupied with things to do. It happens to every family each summer and by the end of the summer
, you have resorted to movies and ipads to spend your time. Family time is important and we want you to be able to fill your summer with memories that you can look back on for years to come.
We know that scouring Pinterest
for something specific to do can get overwhelming. SO to help you make the most of your time with your family this summer, we went through our Pinterest boards
and gathered some of our favorite summer activities. We've also pulled in some of our newest projects
that are trending right now that are sure to give your family hours of fun. We've got projects that are great for all ages and that even you will want to do!
Keep reading to check out our list of 10 Summer Boredom Busters!
1) Hand-painted Shoes
- A great way to spend your summer days is customizing your clothing. Let your kids, grandkids, and even YOU express yourself by personalizing your pair of shoes, like in our Tik Tok video below. Create an entire outfit that your family will love showing off at the next block party. If you are not following our Apple Barrel Tik Tok
, then you are missing out on exclusive content and inspiration. What are you waiting for, go follow NOW!
2) Acrylic Paint Pouring
- This trend is still surging and is so fun for everyone in your family. Pouring
takes no skill and is a great way to get a little messy while being creative! You can paint pour a variety of objects and surfaces. Check out this free and exclusive pouring class on Walmart.com
. We've even made it easy for you by creating a pre-mixed pouring kit
that gives you a variety of colors with the pouring medium already mixed in. Simply pour the colors on, lift, and swirl!! Simple, easy, and fun for the whole family. Click below to watch now!
3) Decorated Monogrammed Letters
- This summer Plaid has partnered up with Creativebug
to create some really unique and exclusive crafting content that is great for filling those long summer days with creativity. This project is also great for rainy days where the whole family is stuck inside together. Let each family member decorate a letter with paint, yarn, and more to add something special to their room decor. Click below to watch now!
4) Lemon Painting
- Quench your thirst for creativity by painting together as a family!! This painting easy and simple to recreate with any craft supplies you may have on hand at home. Make it unique and change up the background with your favorite colors. Stock up your craft supplies
by shopping Plaid's large selection of craft paint
for every project or need.
5) Rock Painting
- Rock painting is a classic summer activity to do with your family on the back patio. This trend never seems to go out of style because you can do so many things to decorate and personalize a simple rock. Paint these colorful rocks and then decorate your garden or community garden with words of affirmation and positivity!
6) Pringles Can Campfire -
This is another great project that you can do with your family indoors on a rainy day. Plus this is the perfect way to recycle old chip cans and other materials to create a kid-friendly
fire for their makeshift blanket fort.
7) Rock Fairy Garden -
Take your fairy garden to the next level by creating an entire fairy village! Give each family member a rock to create a specific piece of the village. Then set up your fairy houses in a special part of your backyard
so your kids can watch for fairies all summer long.
8) Photo Transfer Planters
- Add some fun to your basic terra cotta pots by photo transferring
your family's silly faces to your pots! Let each family member pick their plant for their "hair" and just have fun being silly! Plus this is a great way to get your family into gardening and growing plants together.
9) Peace, Love & Avocados
- Grab a drink and relax after a day in the pool with a fun evening of painting with your family. Have a paint night in the convenience of your home with this fun and fresh Let's Paint Live
free online paint party! If you want more free painting classes we have over 40 different classes and different styles of paintings to choose from on our Youtube channel
10) Dripping Clay Pot
- Turn a clay pot into a bright and whimsical container for markers, crayons, and other craft items. This is the perfect summer craft project to keep your kids busy while stuck inside on a rainy day.
Make sure you are ready for every summer craft with a versatile paint kit
! These kits are the perfect way to stock up your craft supplies with all your basic colors and so much more!
How are you spending your summer vacation? Are you going to be crafting with your family? Make sure to share your creations with us by using #PlaidCrafts so we share your good ideas with our followers on social media