Slime is all the rage with kids, tweens, and teens alike. And after making some of our own Mod Podge slime at the Plaid headquarters, we're pretty sure the super fun goo will catch on with adults as well! The best part? It is SO easy to make. And after completing the 5-minute-craft, the fun doesn't stop there. We enjoyed squishing, molding, stretching, and twirling the slime for hours, and even had fun experimenting with Mix-ins like starry glitter, paint, and hidden objects! Did we mention squeezing the slime is super relaxing? It's also fun just to watch it slowly "melt" from a ball to a flat disc. But enough about how much we love Mod Podge Slime! Let's get to why you're here: How to Make Mod Podge Slime! For full details, check out the video and instructions below! Below the instructions, you'll find even more fun inspiration of what you can do with slime!
How To Make Mod Podge Slime:
- 1 TB Borax
- 1 cup warm water
- FolkArt or Apple Barrel Acrylic Paint in desired color
- Two large plastic bowls
- measuring cups
- Plastic spoon
1. Pour 1 cup warm water into a large bowl.
2. Slowly add 1 Tablespoon of Borax to warm water, stirring as you go. Stir until combined and set aside.
3. In another bowl, combine 1/2 cup Mod Podge Matte and a couple of drops of FolkArt or Apple Barrel Acrylic paint of desired color. Use popsicle stick to stir together until mixture has reached desired color.
4. Pour Borax-water solution into Mod Podge and paint mixture. Stir using popsicle stick. Slime will start to form!
5. After stirring slime solution for about a minute, pour out excess water into first bowl and discard.
6. Pick up slime, and kneed and squeeze it over bowl to remove excess water/
7. Get ready to play! Add glitter, googley eyes, and more!
DISCLAIMER: This project is to be completed with adult supervision. None of the products are for eating or drinking. Review and comply with all warnings on borax, including keep out of reach of children, avoid contact with eyes, and do not take internally.
As promised, we've been cooking up some new ideas for your slime! Check out our Easter Egg Slime here:
Easter Egg Slime is simple and super easy. Just follow our slime recipe (above) and once your slime is done, add fun little trinkets inside for your kids and friends to dig out of their slime. It's a whole new kind of Easter egg hunt! Our opaque slime keeps what's inside a secret until the very last minute. Your kids will love their hidden treasures AND playing with the slime! What's more, your Easter eggs serve as a perfect and clean way to store the slime after play time is done!