"Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food, and medicine for the soul." -
Just like flowers, crafting can be a great escape and zen-like activity to soothe the soul after a long day. At Plaid, we want to make your crafting experience relaxing and enjoyable....so why not combine two of the happiest things together and craft with flowers!
Depending on the type of flowers, you may not typically think of colorful flowers as part of your fall decor
. Well, think again! We are here to tell you that adding a floral touch to your decor this time of year is totally acceptable and will greatly add life and happiness to any space. From sunflowers to daisies and everything in between, flowers are fun to paint and perfect for enhancing any DIY project. In today's blog, we've compiled a list of 10 fun fall florals to really make your harvest decor stand out with style and charm. These crafts are great to do with your family on crisp fall evenings to unplug from the world and enjoy each other's company.
Before you get started take a moment to check your supply closet
to make sure you have everything you need to paint and decoupage to your heart's content.
Enjoy the fun of a paint-n-sip class from the convenience of your home with our Let’s Paint Live series
. Paint along with us every month during our Facebook livestream paint party class using the corresponding kit
. During these classes, we focus on everything from landscapes to seasonal design and so much more. But our most popular classes are the ones where we teach you how to paint florals, like in September's Let's Paint Live class below. You can watch all our Let's Paint Live classes on-demand on our YouTube channel
. Watch now!
Shop the kit now!
2. Black and white are so versatile to work with, but if mixed these basic colors with a little FolkArt Treasure Gold, this collection of pumpkins is sure to be a staple decor piece in your seasonal celebration.
3. You can do more with acrylic paint pouring other than just paint pouring! Once your marbled piece is dry, use it as a background to a fun floral design like we did with these gorgeous sunflowers.
4. Add florals to everything this fall! Top your pumpkin painting with your favorite florals for a simple and charming wall art. Get the FREE pattern now!
5. Take your resin art beyond a simple silicone mold and seal in beautiful florals to a collection of pumpkins! This project is perfect for adding a touch of nature to your autumn decor without spending a lot of money on style.
6. FolkArt Home Decor Chalk is the perfect way to add a farmhouse vibe to your fall decor with these beautifully painted pumpkins. Grab the paint kit to make color-coordinating easy!
7. You can even decoupage your pumpkins! After parties, there are always extra napkins that you don't really know what to do with. So, use them to enhance a basic faux pumpkin with an elegant touch.
8. Go abstract!! Be creative and go for a simpler approach when it comes to painting your pumpkins. This pumpkin is perfect for the minimalist style and is easy to make with no skill needed!
9. FolkArt One Decor is a must-have line of paints to add a unique touch to furniture and home decor. Learn more about FolkArt One Decor!
10. Add some floral fun to your daily quest to stay hydrated! Customize your tumbler with FolkArt Acrylic Paint, then seal and protect your piece with Mod Podge Resin!
Check out these floral fall Bucilla kits
to spruce up your space this season!
How do you incorporate florals into your seasonal decor? Share your creations with us using #PlaidCrafts. Because we love getting inspired by what inspires you!