Basket with leather handles, 3 coordinating fabrics, Twine, White cotton string, ¾” flat brush, Medium grit sandpaper, Scissors, Hot glue
- Remove the handles from basket. Paint the handles Imperial. Allow to dry and then distress with sandpaper.
- Tape off 2 ½” at the top of basket and paint Nautical. Allow to dry.
- Tape off the bottom of the basket at the blue line and paint with Java. Allow to dry. Paint the Sheepskin on top of the Java. Allow to dry.
- Brush Mod Podge on the back of the fabrics to keep from fraying when cutting. Allow to dry.
- Cut fabric into 1” stripe and Mod Podge onto basket. Alternate as desired. Allow to dry.
- Hot glue the twine around the basket.
- Place the handles back on the basket with the white cotton string.