Mixed media 10" x10" burlap frame, Large flat brush, No. 1 script liner, Palette paper or foam plate, Brush basin or container for water, Paper towels, Pencil, Tracing paper, Black transfer paper, Stylus, 100 Grit sandpaper, Seashells (optional), Dark blue cardstock for mounting picture, Double-sided mounting tape, White craft glue
- Remove the burlap center from the frame.
- Place Mermaid Blue, Blue Heaven and White on the palette. Using the large flat brush streak the frame with these three colors. Do not wash your brush, just go from one color to the next. Allow to dry.
- When the piece is dry to the touch, sand heavily with 100 grit sandpaper.
- Trace and Transfer - trace the entire pattern onto tracing paper.
- TIP: When transferring the pattern it is best to hold it in place with a piece of tape at the top. Transfer the lettering using black transfer paper.
- Using the No. 1 Script Liner, paint lettering Light Ivory.
Get the Pattern
- Cut the dark blue card stock 1/4” larger than photo. Adhere cardstock to the burlap using white craft glue. Allow to dry.
- Using double-sided mounting tape attach photo to the cardstock.
- Glue all of the shells in place.