Plaid ® Wood Surfaces - Unpainted Layered Shapes - Bird, #WM97087, 6" x 6" Wood panel, Brush basin or container for water, Paper towels, Foam plate for palette, Fine grit sandpaper, ¾” Flat brush, No. 4 Flat brush, No. 1 Liner brush, White craft glue, Ruler, Pencil
- Basecoat entire wood panel Vintage White and allow to dry. Sand smooth using fine grit sandpaper and reapply base color. Allow to dry.
- When dry, measure and mark ½” border around entire panel. Paint border Lime Green and allow to dry.
- Paint checkerboard sections of Calypso Sky.
- When dry, paint Turquoise FolkArt Extreme Glitter over the Calypso Sky sections. Apply three coats allowing each application to dry before applying the next.
- Topiary – Either sketch freehand a pot, stem and tree or use pattern provided and apply to prepared panel.
- Paint pot and stem Cinnamon.
- Paint topiary Lime green. Add touches of Wicker White as a highlight randomly over Lime Green.
- Add a few small leaves outside the topiary.
- Paint accent dots of Brilliant Pink throughout topiary. Allow to dry.
- Bird – Paint wood cutout Calypso Sky; allow to dry. Sand if needed and reapply basecoat.
- Paint the beak and eye Cinnamon.
- Paint feather strokes of Lime Green and Wicker White.
- Add accents of polka dots of Lime Green and Wicker White.
- Embellish the bird’s belly with a touch of Turquoise FolkArt Extreme Glitter.
- Paint a “line – dot – dot – line” pattern in Cinnamon around between the checkerboard and the Vintage White section.
- When dry, attach bird wood shape to painted panel.