5 Eye Hooks, Foam Paintbrush, Detail Paintbrush, Paper Punches – Flower Shape, Scrapbook Paper, 4 Garden Shovels, Fishing Line, Optional Embellishments: Recycled flowers; buttons; silk flowers
- Screw 4 eye hooks into each corner on the base of the birdhouse and 1 eye hook into the top center of the roof.
- Paint the roof Engine Red, the base of the house Yellow Citron and body of the house Baby Pink.
- Using Yellow Citron paint and a detail brush, paint flower stems on the front of the house. Using Mod Podge Outdoor, apply paper-punched flowers to the tops of the stems.
- Trim the scrapbook paper to fit around the handles of the shovels. Coat the back of the paper with Mod Podge Outdoor, wrap the paper around the handles, smooth the paper with your fingers and topcoat with a layer of Mod Podge.
- Topcoat the entire birdhouse and shovels with FolkArt Outdoor Sealer.
- Attach the shovels to the eyehooks with fishing line. Add additional embellishments to the birdhouse.