Small smooth rocks, Pencil, Paper plate, Water basin, Paper towels
- Select six rocks that have a flat surface in which to paint. To prep the rocks for painting, wash with warm soapy water and let dry.
- Paint the rocks with two coats of white using the angled flat brush. Let dry in between coats.
- Mix each of the pinks with white to a 1:1 ratio to create a lighter shade of each. Paint the tops of three rocks lighter shades leaving a ¼” edge of white. Let dry.
- Mix bright pink with white at a 1:3 ratio to make an even lighter pink. Paint patterns on the remaining three rocks such as hearts, dots and stripes. Let dry completely.
- Lightly draw ribbons and words in pencil on the rocks. See project photo for inspiration for designs and sayings.
- Paint each saying using the liner brush. Let dry.
- Add details in the different shades of pinks with the liner brush. Let dry completely.
- Share your Breast Cancer Rocks with us at #plaidcrafts!