Downloadable Butterfly Coloring Page (supplied), Color pencils in a range of pinks and blues, Wax paper, Scissors, Ruler, Pencil, Stencil tape, Cardstock, Thin black wire
Get the Pattern
- Prepare your furniture for painting by cleaning and let dry. Apply 1-2 coats of the Vintage Victorian. Let dry.
- Print the downloadable Butterfly Coloring Sheet and make enough copies to cover your piece of furniture.
- Cut the copies to fit your piece and lightly tape in place with stencil tape to assure a pleasing arrangement.
- Remove one sheet at a time and paint and color with pencils. Let dry and lightly tape back in place. Repeat until all sheets are complete.
- Paint and color several extra smaller and larger butterflies. Set aside to dry.
- To begin gluing, choose a finished coloring sheet to start. Lay face down onto a larger sheet of wax paper.
- TIP: Apply the Mod Podge Ultra Matte over the entire sheet. Carefully position the prepared sheet onto the furniture. Starting on one edge, slowly lower the page onto the surface and gently smooth using another small piece of wax paper.
- Repeat until all sheets have been applied. Change wax paper as needed. Cut out several of the extra smaller butterflies and Mod Podge over open areas. Now brush a top coat of Mod Podge Ultra Matte over all of the paper images. If you have some bubbles, don't worry! When the piece is completely dry they should be gone.
- Mod Podge 3-4 of the extra butterflies onto cardstock. Let dry then cut out.
- To create butterfly antenna, cut 4" lengths of black wire and bend in half and spiral curl the ends. Mod Melt the antenna to the back of each cut out butterfly.
- Attach random butterflies to your furniture piece using the Mod Melter.